Analytical Techniques in Electromagnetics (PDF) is designed for scientists, researchers, and engineers searching for analytical solutions to electromagnetic (EM) problems. The techniques presented offer exact solutions that can be used to validate the accuracy of approximate solutions, provide better insight into actual physical processes, and can be used in finding precise quantities of interest over a vast range of parameter values.
Beginning with a review of fundamental EMs, the textbook:
- Uses worked-out problems to show various applications of Fourier sine and cosine, two-sided Fourier, Hankel, Laplace and Mellin transform techniques
- Addresses the conformal transformation technique, providing a visual display of conformal mapping and a brief introduction to the Schwarz–Christoffel transformation
- Explains the use of the separation of variables technique in Laplace, heat, and wave equations, covering cylindrical, rectangular, and spherical coordinate systems
- Describes the series expansion method, providing the solution of Poisson’s equation in a cube and in a cylinder, and scattering by spheres and cylinders as examples
- Talks about perturbation techniques, supplying examples of perturbed results degenerating to their unperturbed versions as the perturbation parameters tend to zero
Analytical Techniques in Electromagnetics keeps a balanced view of techniques for solving EM problems, denying overemphasizing the importance of analytical methods at the cost of numerical techniques. Carefully chosen topics give readers an appreciation of the kinds of EM problems that can be solved exactly.
“… a vital textbook for anyone working with computations in electromagnetics. … The ebook is very well written with a logical organization of the material into six chapters. The approach is pedagogical and there are comprehensive illustrations, in fact, about 100 of them. Applications of methods are illustrated with a variety of problems. Key references are given at the end of each chapter. Every chapter is ended with a group of problems for exercise. The ebook provides a strong theoretical foundation for senior undergraduate students or graduate students and practicing engineers in analytical techniques in electromagnetics.” ― Rajeev Thottappillil, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Analytical Techniques in Electromagnetics in PDF. No access codes are included.