This sale only includes Stewart’s Calculus: Early Transcendentals 9e solutions manual in PDF. The ebook is not included in this sale, however, it is available separately. See related products below.
About the eBook
James Stewart’s Calculus series is the top-seller globally because of its outstanding examples and problem sets, problem-solving focus, mathematical precision, and accuracy. Mentored and selected by Saleem Watson, Stewart, and Daniel Clegg continue his legacy of delivering college students with the strongest basis for a STEM future. Their careful refinements preserve Stewart’s clarity of exposition and make Stewart’s Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 9e even more beneficial as a teaching tool for instructors and as a learning tool for university students. Presenting that Calculus is both practical and beautiful, the Stewart approach improves understanding and builds confidence for billions of college students worldwide.
Features of the new 9th edition ebook:
- NEW EXPLANATIONS AND EXAMPLES: Careful refinements throughout provide even greater clarity on the key concepts such as computing volumes of a revolution and setting up double and triple integrals.
- NEW SCAFFOLDED EXERCISES: At the beginning of problem sets, new basic exercises reinforce key skills and build math student confidence to prepare them for more rigorous exercises and conceptual understanding.
- NEW WEBASSIGN RESOURCES: New digital resources in WebAssign include Explore It interactive learning modules, the MindTap reader for interactive and mobile ebook access, enhanced remediation support, and improved problem types.
- STEM APPLICATIONS: Stewart/Watson/Clegg answers the question, “When will I use this?” by showing how Calculus is used as a problem-solving tool in fields such as engineering, chemistry, physics, medicine, biology, and the social sciences.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING EMPHASIS: George Polya’s problem-solving methodology is introduced at the beginning and reinforced throughout. “Strategies” sections help university students select what techniques they will need to solve problems in situations where the choice is not obvious and help them develop true problem-solving skills and intuition.
- HELPFUL EXAMPLES: Each concept is supported by thoughtfully worked examples that encourage mathematics students to develop an analytic view of the subject. To provide further insight into mathematical concepts, many detailed examples display solutions analytically, graphically, or/and numerically. Margin notes expand on and clarify the steps of the solution.
- QUALITY EXERCISES: With over 8,000 exercises in all, every exercise set carefully progresses from skill-development problems to more challenging problems involving proofs and applications. Conceptual exercises encourage the development of communication skills by explicitly requesting conjectures, descriptions, and explanations. More challenging “Problems Plus” exercises reinforce concepts by requiring college students to apply techniques from more than one chapter of the text, and by patiently showing them how to approach a challenging problem.
Additional ISBNs: , 978-0357128916,
NOTE: The product includes Stewart’s Calculus: Early Transcendentals 9th Edition Solutions Manual in PDF. No access codes are included.