Cases, Problems, and Materials on Contracts 8th edition (PDF/AZW3) is credited with popularising the problem method of law school instruction. It has been a classroom staple for decades, and it distinguishes itself from other textbooks by the breadth of its coverage and the use of short, carefully constructed problems to introduce law students to new concepts, reinforce what they have just learned, and stimulate thought. The Eighth Edition, the first since Thomas Crandall’s death and the addition of David Horton as co-author, is more accessible than ever before. It introduces complex issues by providing a clear narrative summary or an explicit statement of black-letter law. For maximum impact, the cases have been tightly edited.
Receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outlining tool on CasebookConnect (not included in this sale), the all-in-one learning solution for law students, with this version of Connected Casebook. CasebookConnect provides you with what you need most to succeed in law school classes: portability, meaningful feedback, and increased efficiency.
The ebook is also easily adaptable to meet a variety of pedagogical needs. Despite the fact that it begins with “Agreement” and progresses to “Consideration.” It can be used in courses that include as well as exclude sales.
The following items have been added to the 8th Edition:
- Each opinion has been condensed to make it easier to read.
- Because of significant contributions from a new co-author, the ebook now includes a slew of new cases, problems, and narrative introductions to issues.
- Wherever possible, relevant Restatement of Contracts and Uniform Commercial Code sections have been printed in the textbook, saving students the expense of purchasing separate supplements.
Professors and law students will benefit from the following:
- Coverage of the fundamentals of Contracts Law in a format that allows for greater exposure to legal concepts through the numerous Problems that fill each chapter, as well as the most illustrative cases on point
- Assessment multiple-choice questions at the end of each chapter that are meatier than such questions in most ebooks, focusing on what real attorneys must consider when confronted with the issues presented rather than the “right answer.”
The overall approach of the textbook is to train students to be commercial lawyers rather than just teach rules of law. For example, problems occasionally ask college students whether they would be committing malpractice if they followed a certain course of action, an issue that is very important to actual attorneys but is rarely discussed in law school classrooms.
NOTE: This sale only includes Cases, Problems, and Materials on Contracts 8th edition in the original AZW3 (Kindle) format. A converted PDF is also included. No access or redemptions codes come with this sale.