This ebook, Collecting for the Curriculum: The Common Core and Beyond (PDF)—the only one that provides detailed guidance on collection creation in curriculum collections—is for you if you’re a librarian tasked with gathering curriculum materials and children’s literature to support the Common Core State Standards.
Although there are several publications for school librarians and K–12 educators on the Common Core, there is no such literature for curriculum librarians at the post-secondary level. This book fills the void by serving as a stand-alone collection creation guide for curriculum librarians that is not bound by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Curriculum librarians who purchase and maintain collections will find instruction and encouragement in this book, which will help you build a collection based on best practices. The ebook starts with an overview of the Common Core State Standards and how curriculum librarians can help. The Standards are then discussed in chapters organized by subject area that share research-based strategies in curriculum creation and instruction to help you choose the right curriculum. Games, textbooks, children’s literature, therapy, primary sources, and nonfiction are among the materials covered.
The management of curriculum collections, research collections, instruction, and reference, as well as how to help and collect for special needs learners, are all covered in additional chapters. Curriculum materials librarians’ current collection production activities are also examined. The ebook concludes with a review of instructional materials in the future.
- Offers a regularly updated companion website
- Covers the diverse teaching strategies of teachers and faculty
- Provides explicit applications of the CCSS for librarians working in post-secondary institutions
- Includes an extensive appendix with lists of books that support all curricular areas, as well as lesson ideas and other resources
- Draws on current research and interviews with some of the most experienced curriculum librarians in the United States to help faculty and teachers better understand the Common Core
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Collecting for the Curriculum: The Common Core and Beyond in PDF. No access codes included.