Immerse yourself in the topic of communication in the workplace with an interesting conversation about the communication demands of today’s nursing practice! Communication in Nursing, 8th Edition (ePub/PDF/AZW3), ebook adopts a uniquely personal and practical approach, providing extensive examples, exercises, and techniques that help you understand important concepts and apply communication skills in a variety of clinical settings. With its conversational tone, this relatable textbook takes you beyond theory to show you how to use communication as a tool to limit stress in your nursing practice. A new Active Learning feature that promotes goal-directed reading, and additional QSEN exercises highlight the importance of assertive communication in promoting quality, safe care for clients ― all in an easy-to-read magazine layout.
- NEW! Coverage of the most current research about the importance of self-care.
- NEW! Active Learning feature in every chapter promotes active, goal-directed reading.
- QSEN preface and exercises stress how communication impacts safety and quality of care.
- Exercises throughout each chapter help you master chapter techniques and strengthen your communication skills.
- NEW! Discusses the importance of interprofessional education and communication in the healthcare environment.
- NEW! Addresses the importance of “presence” in nursing ― being present for clients, colleagues, families, and self.
- NEW! Explains the importance of the concept of “the pause” in communication so you better understand how and when to use pauses.
- NEW! New content on healthy grief and the issues of death phobia and death denial and professional boundaries related to social media.
- NEW! Exercises in each chapter, including reflective journaling, online and group activities, remediation, and discussion topics, help facilitate various learning types.
- Moments of Connection boxes highlight beneficial outcomes of successful communication and provide concrete examples of how communication techniques work.
- NEW and UPDATED! Additional QSEN exercises and an updated QSEN preface highlight the importance of assertive communication in promoting quality, safe care for clients.
- “Reflections on…” boxes provide thoughtful summary exercises at the end of each chapter that give you a specific task to help you integrate chapter material into the broader scope of nursing practice.
- Wit & Wisdom boxes present selected verses and quotations relevant to chapter topics, adding interest and humor. These boxes keep your attention by providing moments of relief from serious topics and “a-ha” moments when theory becomes linked to practice.
NOTE: This eBook, Communication in Nursing 8e, is available in 3 formats. Original AZW3, ePub, and a converted PDF. This purchase does not contain any online codes!