It’s your comprehensive guide to nursing — from basic concepts to vital skills! Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition (PDF) prepares you to succeed as a nurse by giving a solid foundation in critical thinking, nursing theory, evidence-based practice, and safe clinical care in all settings. With illustrated, step-by-step guidelines, this book makes it easy to learn important procedures and skills. Care plans are provided within a nursing process framework, and case studies show how to implement concepts to nursing practice. From an expert author team led by Anne Griffin Perry and Patricia Potter, this bestselling nursing textbook helps you build the understanding and clinical reasoning you need to provide exceptional patient care.
- A glossary provides quick access to definitions for all key terms.
- Delegation coverage clarifies which tasks can and cannot be delegated.
- UNIQUE! Clear, the streamlined writing style makes complex material more approachable.
- More than 20 concept maps show care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- 29 procedural guidelines provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- The evidence-Based Practice chapter shows how nursing research helps in determining best practices.
- Key points and key terms in each chapter summarize important content for a more efficient review and study.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care and is demonstrated in more than 20 care plans.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill alert you to potential problems and appropriate nursing actions.
- 51 skills demonstrations provide illustrated, step-by-step instructions for safe nursing care — and include rationales for each step.
- Case studies include unique clinical application questions and exercises, allowing you to practice using care plans and concept maps.
- UNIQUE! Caring for the Cancer Survivor chapter prepares nurses to care for cancer patients who may still face physical and emotional issues.
- 15 review questions in every chapter test your retention of key concepts, with answers available in the book and on the Evolve companion website.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show how to apply the nursing process and critical thinking to achieve successful clinical outcomes.
- Practical study tools on Evolve include video clips of skills, skills checklists, printable key points, a fluid & electrolytes tutorial, a concept map creator, an audio glossary, and more.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition, in a converted PDF (page numbers will not match the physical book). No access codes are included.