Learn the essential concepts of major disorders/diseases and disease processes. Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 6th Edition, (PDF) is a brief, easy-to-understand introduction to the basics of pathophysiology. Continuing in its renowned tradition of readability and vivid, full-color illustrations, the text is revised with the most up to date research and trends in human disease. Disorders are defined by body system, with coverage of the relations between systems, and special features assist you to apply the material to actual situations. No matter which healthcare field you may go in, this ebook offers solid preparation for the conditions you may face in clinical practice.
In the Pathophysiology for the Health Professions 6e, you can find:
- NEW! Streamlined narrative content improves the readability of imperative information.
- Warning Signs boxes help in recognizing the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events like strokes.
- Learning objectives, key terms, and bulleted chapter summaries help you emphasis on key information and concepts.
- Research boxes talk over new developments, problem areas of pathophysiology, and difficulties associated with research.
- EXCLUSIVE! Think About questions notify you to important points and help with self-evaluation, test preparation, and review.
- Emergency Treatment boxes provide step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies like cardiac arrest, shock, and pneumothorax.
- A brief and readable approach includes the information you need without overpowering you, even if you have a restricted scientific background.
- Updated graphics help you identify and recognize various concepts and particular disorders through enhanced photos, flowcharts, and illustrations.
- Format for specific disorder discussions includes 1) background, 2) pathophysiology, 3) etiology, 4) symptoms and signs, 5) diagnoses, 6) possible related disorders/complications, and 7) treatments/research.
- EXCLUSIVE! Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to utilize what you’ve learned to expect What can go wrong with this structure or system, transitioning you from normal physiology and anatomy into pathophysiology.
- NEW! All chapters revised to include new data on key diseases and other changes in guidelines and the literature, reflecting newest developments in pathophysiology including, new cancer treatments, updated drug therapy content, new research on the relations between mental health and biochemical/physiologic factors, expanded coverage of viruses and much more!
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 6th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.