Written and edited by renowned surgeons in collaboration with a world-renowned anatomist, this skillfully illustrated reference consolidates anatomical, surgical, and technical knowledge for the whole human body in a single volume. Part of the highly appreciated Gray’s ‘family,’ this new resource brings to life the applied anatomical knowledge that is significantly important in the operating room, with a high level of detail to make sure effective and safe surgical practice. Gray’s Surgical Anatomy, (PDF) is unique in the field: effectively a textbook of regional anatomy, an atlas of operative procedures and a dissection manual– making it an important resource for surgical trainees and surgeons at all levels of experience, as well as radiologists, medical students, and anatomists.
- Combines essential anatomy for robotic and minimal access approaches, including laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques.
- Optimizes day-to-day practical application with references to core surgical procedures throughout, as well as the ‘Tips and Anatomical Hazards’ from leading international surgeons.
- Presents to you expert content written by surgeons for surgeons, with all anatomical detail quality guaranteed by Lead Co-Editor and Gray’s Anatomy Editor-in-Chief, Professor Susan Standring.
- Reflects modern practice with chapters logically organized by anatomical region, designed for significance to surgeons across an extensive range of subspecialties, practice types, and clinical settings – and aligned to the requests of current trainee curricula.
- Presents key anatomical features and relationships that are important for safe surgical practice – using brand-new illustrations, supplemented by carefully chosen contemporary artwork from the latest edition of Gray’s Anatomy and other leading publications.
- Delivers superb colour photographs from the operating room, accompanied by detailed explanatory artwork and figures from the most recent imaging modalities – plus summary tables, case-based scenarios, and self-assessment questions– making it a perfect reference and learning package for surgeons at all levels.
- Features dedicated chapters explaining the anatomy of lumbar puncture, peripheral nerve blocks, epidural anesthesia, endoscopic anatomy of the gastrointestinal tract and echocardiographic anatomy of the heart– along with a unique overview of human factors and reducing error in the operating room, essential non-technical skills for improving patient outcomes and safety.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Gray’s Surgical Anatomy in PDF. No access codes are included.