Health Care Market Strategy: From Planning to Action, 5th Edition, (PDF) a standard reference for nearly twenty years, bridges the gap between marketing implementation and theory by showing you, step-by-step, how to develop and execute successful marketing strategies using appropriate tactics. Put the concepts you learned in introductory marketing courses into action using the authors’ own unique model–called the strategy/action match–from which you will learn how to determine exactly which tactics to employ in a variety of settings.
In this new 5th edition, you’ll also discover the latest practical applications for strategy development, the marketing planning process, challenges of a competitive marketplace, vision, and other critical aspects of health care marketing. Whether you are a college student interested in learning marketing strategy or a working executive seeking additional training in management, this ebook will teach you what a sound strategy looks like, and the importance of an overall strategy before a marketing plan is created.
Significantly revised, the 5th Edition features:
- Recent examples that reflect current business models such as online retailers and online health information websites such as WebMD
- A new discussion on Integrated Marketing Communications, including new and enhanced discussion of digital media and how its effectiveness is measured
- Thoroughly updated chapter on the competitive marketplace with new discussion on the domestic medical tourism trend and expanded discussion of transparency
- More discussion on federal policy, Medicare and Medicaid, the ramifications of an aging population, strained healthcare systems, higher costs, and an unpredictable congress
- Updated references to examples of market champions, disruptive organizations and innovative leaders as well as new discussions of the social and business conflicts between ‘good market share’ and ‘bad market share’ and potential future disruptive technologies