Applying theory to structural modelling and analysis
Russell Hibbeler’s Structural Analysis 10th Edition (PDF), presents the applications and theory of structural analysis as it applies to beams, trusses, and frames. Through its reader-friendly, clear organization, the textbook emphasizes developing the ability to analyze and model a structure in preparation for professional practice.
The textbook is designed to ensure those taking their 1st course in this subject understand some of the more important classical methods of structural analysis, in order to obtain a better understanding of how loads are transmitted through a structure, and how the structure will deform underweight. A large number of problems cover very realistic situations involving various levels of difficulty.
The updated 10th edition features 30% new real problems and an expanded discussion of structural modelling, specifically the importance of modeling a given structure so it can be used in computer analysis. Newly added material includes a discussion of catenary cables, an update to the ASCE/SEI 2106 specifications, and further clarification for drawing moment and deflection diagrams for frames and beams.
Procedures for Analysis, provides readers with a logical, orderly method to follow when applying the theory.
Learning and Teaching Experience
To provide better learning and teaching experience, for both students and instructors, this textbook provides:
- Visualization: The photorealistic art program is designed to help engineering students visualize difficult concepts.
- Current Material: To keep your course current and relevant, the Structural Analysis 10th Edition includes new discussions.
- Triple Accuracy Checking: The accuracy of the textbook and problem solutions has been thoroughly checked by 3 other parties
- Review and Student Support: A thorough end of chapter review provides college students with a concise tool for reviewing chapter contents.
- Problem Solving: A variety of problem types, at varying levels of difficulty, stress practical situations encountered in real career & professional practice.
Personalize learning with Mastering Engineering (sold separately).
Mastering™ Engineering is an online assessment, homework, and tutorial program designed to work with this textbook to engage engineering students and improve results. Self-paced, interactive tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts. The textbook and Mastering Engineering work together to guide college students through engineering concepts with a multi-step approach to problems.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINAL PDF. IT WAS CONVERTED FROM AN EPUB, HENCE THE PAGE NUMBERING AND FORMATTING WILL NOT MATCH THE ORIGINAL. Solutions Manual also available for this ebook. See related books below
P.S we also have Hibbeler’s Structural Analysis (10th Edition) testbank, instructor manual and other resources for sale. Contact for more info.