Revised and expanded, Integrating the Expressive Arts Into Counseling Practice, 2nd Edition, (PDF) reflects a wider understanding of the corresponding approach to therapeutic treatment. This is the only ebook to integrate expressive arts counseling techniques with key theories of counseling and psychology. Significant changes to the second edition include new chapters that address Neuroscience and Counseling, Animal-Assisted Therapy, Mindfulness and Counseling, Trauma-Informed Counseling, and Family Counseling, together with a greater focus on cultural and diversity considerations throughout. The ebook is updated with over 30 new interventions including video graphics and animal-assisted interventions, and fresh information about the neuroscientific foundations of expressive arts therapies. Revised references in every chapter and a suite of Instructor’s Materials also add to the value of the second edition.
The textbook integrates expressive arts therapies with 12 frequently used treatment modalities. Every chapter reviews a particular theory and explains how expressive and creative techniques can support and be easily combined within that orientation. More than 90 field-tested, step-by-step interventions—created by leading practitioners—offer clinicians and students techniques that can be put to use immediately.
New to the 2nd Edition:
- Instructor’s materials.
- Updated with new references.
- More than 30 new interventions including videography.
- Cultural and diversity considerations in every chapter.
- New chapters address Neuroscience and Counseling, Mindfulness and Counseling, Trauma-Informed Counseling, Animal-Assisted Therapy, and Family Counseling and the Expressive Arts.
- Contains interventions that can be put to use immediately.
- Discusses appropriate populations, settings, and diagnoses for every intervention.
- Presents more than 90 expressive art interventions in an easy, step-by-step format.
- Includes art, writing, bibliotherapy, movement, dance, drama, music, puppetry, and sand play.
- Combines expressive arts counseling techniques with 12 major theories of counseling and psychology.
“When I used it, I felt it was a very helpful resource, linking work with the arts to the theoretical foundations of counseling.” ― Sally S. Atkins, EdD Professor ― Emerita Founding Director of Expressive Arts, Appalachian State
“Students like the activities as it helps them learn more about the counseling theory which was conversed in the Theories of Counseling class. It offers more application. Some activities are quite detailed and class time does not enable much practice. But, we discuss how this could be used in therapy groups/sessions … Integrating the Expressive Arts Into Counseling Practice 2e is short and very pointed in its information and use. We like it!” ― Judy A. Schmidt, EdD, CRC, LPCA ― the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Integrating the Expressive Arts Into Counseling Practice: Theory-Based Interventions 2nd Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.