This ebook, Integrating Work Health and Safety into Construction Project Management (PDF) aims to explore the ways in which organizational, technological, and cultural strategies can be combined and integrated into construction project management to produce significant and sustained health and safety (H&S) improvements. It looks at the safety and design practices, work organization, workforce engagement, and learning, and offers ideas for producing systemic change.
Integrating Work Health and Safety into Construction Project Management addresses how best to achieve safety in design through the adoption of a stakeholder management approach. It instructs on how to drive H&S improvements through supply chain integration and responsible procurement and project management practices. It examines the components of culture for health and safety and the development of a cultural maturity model. The book discusses the potential to improve H&S through the provision of conditions of work that afford workers a positive work-life balance. It also covers how advanced technologies and the application of techniques developed from health informatics can support real-time analysis and improvement of H&S in construction. Lastly, it looks at the benefits associated with engaging workers and using their tacit H&S knowledge to inform work process improvements.
This textbook also:
- Contains a rich range of industry case studies
- Provides new and non-traditional ways of thinking about H&S
- Focuses on technological, organizational, and cultural integration
- Presents, in detail, the collective analysis from a broad-ranging 10-year program of collaborative research
- Offers a multi-disciplinary perspective provided by an internationally recognized research team from the engineering, construction/project management, social sciences, and psychology
Integrating Work Health and Safety into Construction Project Management is an excellent resource for academics and researchers engaged in research in construction H&S, as well as for postgraduates taking construction project management and H&S courses. It will also be beneficial to consultants, policy advisors, construction project managers and H&S professionals.