The new and updated Introduction to Logic 3rd edition (PDF) by Harry Gensler is very concise and clear, and it uses interesting examples (many philosophical in nature) and has easy-to-use proof methods. Its key features, retained in this latest 3rd Edition, include:
- engaging examples, from philosophy and everyday life;
- a reasonable price (a third the cost of some competitors);
- exercises that correspond to the free LogiCola instructional program;
- useful for self-study and preparation for standardized tests, like the LSAT;
- a wide scope of materials, suiting it for introductory or intermediate courses; and
- simpler ways to test arguments, including an innovative proof method and the star test for syllogisms;
This 3rd Edition:
- has a fuller explanation of traditional Copi proofs and of truth trees;
- improves explanations, especially on areas that students find difficult.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Introduction to Logic 3e in PDF. No access codes included.