This entirely updated and revised Jonas and Kovner’s Health Care Delivery in the United States, 11th edition, (PDF) of a highly esteemed survey and analysis of health care delivery in the United States keeps speed with the rapid changes that are redesigning our system. Fundamentally, this new Eleventh Edition provides the realities that impact our nation’s achievement of the so-called Triple Aim: better care and better health at a lower cost. It addresses responses and challenges to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the implementation of Obamacare, and many new models of care designed to substitute outmoded systems. Leading practitioners, scholars, and educators within population health and medical care provide the latest evidence-based information on vulnerable populations, health disparities, and immigrant health; nursing workforce challenges; new information technology; preventive medicine; evolving approaches to control health care costs; and much more.
Designed for advanced undergraduate and graduate students of health care management and administration and public health, the ebook addresses all of the complicated core issues surrounding our health care system in an amazingly readable and accessible format. Contributors offer an in-depth and objective appraisal of why and how we organize health care the way we do, the massive impact of health-related behaviors on the structure, function, and cost of the health care delivery system, and other developing and recurrent issues in health policy, health care management, and public health. The updated 11th edition includes the writings of such luminaries as Carolyn M. Clancy, Michael K. Gusmano, Joanne Spetz, Michael S. Sparer, Nirav R. Shah, and Christy Harris Lemak, among others. Chapters include learning objectives and competencies, keywords, discussion questions, case studies, and new charts and tables with concrete health care data.
Included for instructors (separate purchase) are the Syllabus, an Instructor’s Manual, Image Bank, PowerPoint slides, Test Bank, Supplemental e-chapter on the ACA, and a transition guide bridging the 11th and 10th editions. [Not Included In This Sale]
- A new 5-year trend forecast
- Nursing workforce challenges
- The implementation of Obamacare
- Expanded discussion of information technology
- Increasing incentives for efficiency and better quality of care
- Vulnerable populations, Health disparities, and immigrant health
- Integrates acute and chronic care into organizations of medical care
- Strategies to attain the Triple Aim (better health and better care at lower cost)
- Evolving societal efforts toward creating healthy environments and illness prevention
- Integration of the ACA throughout the ebook, including a supplementary e-chapter devoted to this major health care policy innovation
- New models of care including accountable care organizations (ACOs), health exchanges, patient homes, and integrated health systems
Additional ISBNs: 978-0826125279, 978-0826125293
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Jonas and Kovner’s Health Care Delivery in the United States, 11th edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.