Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved
From the Inside Flap
MBA in a Box brings together some of the best brains in business who show how the core curriculum of an MBA program works in the real world. People like Michael Porter, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Adrian J. Slywotzky, Warren Bennis, and Bill George give you a box full of ideas and tools that can boost your career and help you add value to your organization. For example:- Why finance is not just about manipulating numbers but of immense importance in sustaining growth, building widespread wealth, and creating jobs.
– The profit zone and how to tell if a business is in one.
– The skill of turning an idea or invention into a product that solves a problem for a market.
– Merging the need of business to produce and grow with the environment so they are both sustained.
– The latest thinking in marketing about branding, pricing, reversing a product?s life cycle, and turning what has become a commodity into a specialty.
– And much more. –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Practical ideas from the best brains in Business
A sharp, jargon-free guide to the core curriculum of an MBA program, MBA in a Book shows how to master the big ideas of business and use them in a practical way to build and enhance career success.
“In the world of business, ideas matter. . . . Some of the sharpest minds in the business world give perceptive looks into innovation, marketing, finance, strategy, and leadership, providing stimulating, useful perspectives on these core topics.”
—Larry Bossidy, retired chairman and CEO of Honeywell International and coauthor of Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done
Great business thinkers such as Michael Porter, Rosabeth Kanter, and Bill George of Harvard Business School; Paul Argenti of the Tuck School at Dartmouth; Jeffrey Sonnenfeld of Yale; Peter Senge of MIT; the entrepreneur and inventor Dean Kamen; and the financial innovator Michael Milken are just a few of the best brains in business, providing the intellectual nourishment that will help you play the game of business at the highest level.