Healthcare is evolving at an incredible pace and with it, the roles and responsibilities of the medical-surgical nurse. Ensure you are fully equipped to thrive and adapt in this ever-changing nursing environment with Ignatavicius, Workman, and Rebar’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care 9th Edition (ePub/PDF) in a single volume.
This trendsetting etextbook not only covers all essential adult health knowledge, but also reinforces the conceptual thinking, application, and clinical judgment skills that today’s surgical nurses need to stay one step ahead in delivering exceptional patient care, no matter what the environment. As with previous “Iggy” editions of Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, you will find a unique collaborative care approach to adult health nursing, extensive NCLEX® Exam preparation, a thorough integration of QSEN competencies, and a direct, reader-friendly tone throughout the ePub/PDF eBook. This latest 9th edition incorporates two emerging and complementary trends ― the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and a more conceptual approach to learning and teaching ― areas that will ground you in how to think like a nurse and how to apply the knowledge you gain from the textbook to clinical practice. There are a lot of med-surg nursing textbooks out there, but there’s only one that combines all the concepts, information, and on-the-job realities in a way that makes perfect sense: “Iggy!”
- Exceptionally readable content features straightforward vocabulary, shorter sentences, and a direct, reader-friendly writing style.
- NEW! More consistent learning outcomes now incorporate QSEN and nursing concepts in a more consistent and intentional manner from chapter to chapter.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical judgment helps you develop skills in clinical reasoning and clinical decision-making when applying concepts to clinical situations.
- NEW! More consistent, interprofessional terminology for patient problems promotes interprofessional collaboration through the promotion of a common healthcare language.
- Trendsetting QSEN integration emphasizes patient safety and evidence-based practice with Nursing Safety Priority boxes, including Drug Alerts, Critical Rescues, and Action Alerts.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the most recent changes in practice and the latest evidence-based guidelines, particularly national and international treatment guidelines and protocols.
- NEW! Deeper integration of Tanner’s model of clinical nursing judgment uses Tanner’s terminology within the nursing process headings, NCLEX Examination Challenge questions, and Key Points.
- NEW! Stronger emphasis on health promotion and community-based care includes revised and updated content throughout the text to reflect the reality that most adult health care no longer takes place as long-term stays in high-acuity settings.
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on conceptual learning and teaching features a strong integration of nursing concepts and exemplars throughout the textbook via new concept overview chapters, chapter-opening concept lists, and a focus on concept exemplars within disorders chapters.
- NEW! Integration of interprofessional collaborative practice takes the ebook’s hallmark collaborative management approach to the next level via new collaboration-focused Clinical Judgment Challenges, integration of a new Teamwork & Interprofessional Collaboration concept, and in-depth integration within TEACH lesson plans.
- Strong emphasis on NCLEX Exam preparation includes chapter-opening Learning Outcomes and chapter-ending Get Ready for the NCLEX Examination! sections organized by NCLEX Client Needs Categories, plus NCLEX Examination Challenge questions, with an answer key in the back of the ebook and on the Evolve companion website.
P.S We also have the Medical-Surgical Nursing 9th edition testbank for sale. See related products below
NOTE: This ebook, Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care (9th Edition) is in ePub format, hence page numbers will not match the physical book. We recommend the free Adobe Digital Editions to view the ebook. A converted PDF is also included.