This MRI: Basic Principles and Applications 5th edition (PDF) of the most accessible introduction to MRI principles and applications from renowned teachers in the field provides an understandable yet a very comprehensive update. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is an integral component of medical imaging. Whilst new measurement techniques and applications continue to be developed nearly 30 years after the initial clinical scanners were installed the basic principles behind the measurement techniques remain as true today as then. This latest 5th edition of MRI Basic Principles and Applications presents the fundamental concepts of MRI in a concise and clear manner, minimizing the mathematical formalism yet providing a foundation to understand the results that are obtained with today’s clinical scanners.
- Accessible introductory guide from renowned teachers in the field
- Highlights sections that are directly relevant to radiology board exams
- Takes a very practical approach, including up-to-date protocols, and supports technical concepts with thorough illustrations and explanations
- Provides a concise yet thorough introduction for MRI focusing on fundamental physics, pulse sequences, and clinical applications without presenting advanced math
- Presents new information on the latest scan techniques and applications including 3 Tesla whole body scanners, safety issues, and the nephrotoxic effects of gadolinium-based contrast media
MRI: Basic Principles and Applications 5th edition PDF is an ideal resource to help radiologists prepare for their board exams and understand the underlying MR physics principles as efficiently as possible.