Learn the how, what, and why of pathophysiology! With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease etiology, disease, and disease processes, Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 8th Edition (PDF) helps you understand the most complex and most important pathophysiology concepts. This updated textbook includes more than 1,300 full-color photographs and illustrations to make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function. This new 8th edition includes a NEW chapter on obesity and nutritional disorders, along with expanded coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics. It’s the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology textbook available right now!
- Chapter summary reviews provide concise synopses of the main points of each chapter.
- Additional What’s New boxes highlight the most current research and clinical development.
- NEW! Over 50 new or heavily revised illustrations visually highlight pathophysiology concepts.
- Nutrition and Disease boxes explain the link between concepts of health promotion and disease.
- NEW! Added coverage of some rare diseases and epigenetics further explore genetic disease traits.
- NEW! A chapter on obesity and nutritional disorders thoroughly covers these growing global concerns.
- Lifespan content includes ten separate pediatric chapters and special sections with aging and pediatrics content.
- Consistent presentation of diseases includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- NEW! More than 30 new 3D animations on Evolve bring difficult concepts to life for a new perspective on disease processes.
- Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders make it easy for you to follow the sequential progression of disease processes.
- The most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text on the market provides unparalleled coverage of Pathophysiology content.
- Over 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs depict the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes — more than in any other pathophysiology text.
- Outstanding authors Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether have extensive backgrounds as instructors and researchers and utilize expert contributors, consultants, and reviewers in developing this edition.
NOTE: This sale only includes Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children 8e in PDF. No access codes included.