With unmatched learning support and easy-to-follow approach, Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 8th Edition (ePub) is the most authoritative, complete, and easily implemented solution for health assessment in nursing. This tightly integrated learning package continues to center on Carolyn Jarvis’s trademark logical, clear, and holistic approach to physical examination and health assessment across the patient’s lifespan. It is packed with step-by-step guidance, vivid illustrations and evidence-based content to provide a complete approach to health assessment skills and physical examination. With a fresh focus on today’s need-to-know information, the 8th edition integrates inter-professional and QSEN collaboration, features enhanced inclusion of LGBTQ considerations, includes a new standalone Vital Signs chapter, and provides enhanced EHR and documentation content.
- The most trusted name in health assessment for nurses, now in its 8th edition!
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to children, infants, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Culture and Genetics sections include information on transcultural and biocultural variations in an increasingly diverse patient population.
- NEW! Standalone Vital Signs chapter and refocused nutrition content include an expanded emphasis on the national epidemic of obesity.
- Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle boxes present opportunities for patient teaching and health promotion while performing the health assessment.
- A clear, conversational, step-by-step, evidence-based approach to physical examination and health assessment of patients throughout the lifespan.
- NEW! Patient Teaching and Health Promotion sections underscore the unique role of nurses (especially advanced practice nurses) in promoting health.
- NEW! Enhanced inclusion of LGBTQ issues and revamped and refocused Cultural Assessment chapter equip you with the skills to practice with greater sensitivity and inclusivity.
- Enhanced content on the electronic health record, charting, and narrative recording exemplify how to document assessment findings using state-of-the-art systems with time-tested thoroughness.
- UPDATED! An unsurpassed collection of more than 1,100 full-color illustrations has been updated to vividly showcase anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings.
- NEW! Enhanced integration of QSEN and interprofessional collaboration emphasize how to ensure patient safety during the physical exam and how to collaborate with other health professionals to promote optimal health.
- A consistent format from chapter to chapter features sections on Structure and Function, Subjective Data, Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking, and Abnormal Findings to help you learn to assess systematically.
- Engaging learning resources include assessment video clips; case studies with critical thinking activities; NCLEX® Exam review questions; audio clips of lung, heart, and abdominal sounds; assessment checklists, and much more.
NOTE: This ebook, Jarvis’ Physical Examination and Health Assessment 8th edition is in original ePub format, hence page numbers will NOT match the physical book. We recommend the free Adobe Digital Editions to view the ebook.