Cann’s Principles of Molecular Virology, 6th Edition, (PDF) provides an easily accessible introduction to modern virology, presenting principles in a clear and concise manner.
This fully updated Sixth edition explores and explains the fundamental aspects of virology, including the structure of virus particles and genome, gene expression, infection, replication, pathogenesis and subviral agents.
In addition, this update reflects advances made in the field, including HIV pathogenesis, bioinformatics, cryoelectron microscopy, and RNA interference.
- Includes online resources for students and instructors
- Contains updated learning outcomes and further reading for each chapter
- Presents new and updated information on bioinformatics and metagenomics
- New concepts in this edition include coverage of newly discovered and emergent viruses such as Ebola and MERS
- Provides a conceptual approach to the principles of molecular virology, with important examples of new advances in virology