System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager Cookbook 3rd Edition (ePub/PDF) is part of the System Center suite to configure and manage datacenters and provides a unified management experience on-premises and Azure cloud.
This ebook will be your best companion for everyday virtualization needs within your organization, as it takes you through a series of recipes to abridge and plan a highly scalable and available virtual infrastructure. You will learn the deployment techniques, tips, and solutions designed to show users how to develop VMM 2016 in a real-world scenario. The chapters are split in a way that will allow you to implement the VMM 2016 and extra solutions required to efficiently manage and monitor your fabrics and clouds. We will include the most important new features in VMM 2016 across networking, storage, and compute, including brand new Guarded Fabric, Storage Spaces Direct, and Shielded VMs. The recipes in the ebook provide gradual instructions giving you the simplest way to dive into VMM fabric concepts, private cloud, and integration with external solutions such as VMware, Operations Manager, and the Windows Azure Pack.
By the end of this ebook, you will be equipped with the knowledge you need to start designing and implementing virtual infrastructures in VMM 2016.
What you will learn?
- Configure Guarded Fabric with Shielded VMs
- Upgrade to VMM 2016 from previous versions
- Enhance monitoring and management capabilities
- Manage Hyper-V and VMware environments from VMM
- Create and manage Storage Spaces Direct clusters in VMM
- Plan and design a VMM architecture for real-world deployment
- Create and deploy virtual machine templates and multi-tier services
- Configure fabric resources, including compute, networking, and storage
Who this ebook is for
- If you are a solutions architect, administrator, technical consultant, or any other virtualization enthusiast who needs to use Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager in a real-world environment, then this is the ebook for you.
Code files: packtpub.com/books/content/support/31060
Table of Contents
- VMM 2016 Architecture
- Upgrading from SCVMM 2012 R2
- Installing SCVMM 2016
- Installing a High Available VMM Server
- Configuring Guarded Fabric in VMM
- Configuring Fabric Resources in VMM
- Deploying Virtual Machines and Services
- Managing VMware ESXi
- Managing Hybrid Clouds, Integration with Azure and New Features of VMM 2016
- Managing Clouds, Fabric Updates, Resources, Clusters and new Features of 2016
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2016, 3rd Edition in ePub format. A converted PDF is available on request. No access codes are included.