The ebook The Legal Writing Handbook: Analysis, Research, and Writing 8th edition (PDF/Mobi) walks law students through every stage of the writing process from pre-writing, edition and drafting, to the final draft. A leading textbook for generations of law students, the latest Eighth Edition gives college students a head start as they move into practice.
The Legal Writing Handbook 8e (Aspen Coursebook) offers a complete resource on legal writing. Part I provides students with an introduction to the U.S. Legal System; Part II gives an overview of legal research, with both an introduction to research strategies and to sources; Part III introduces law students to predictive memos, e-memos, and client letters; Part IV covers motion briefs; Part V offers an overview of appellate briefs; Part VI introduces oral advocacy; Part VII is a guide to effective writing; Part VIII is a guide to correct writing, and Part IX focuses on the needs of ESL writers.
With a new streamlined organization and completely updated content, this is the only book on legal writing students will ever need.
New to the Eighth Edition:
- A new chapter introducing rhetoric and bias
- A streamlined organization with chapters focused on key topics
- New appendix with easy reference to all the Quick Tips to improve legal writing
- Updated and added discussion throughout the book on the role of bias in legal language and argumentation
Additional ISBNs: 0000000368, 1543830412, 978-1543830415, 978-1543830422, 978-1543838244, 1543838243, 9781543838244,
Professors and student will benefit from:
- Resources for ESL law students
- A helpful overview of the American legal system
- Step-by-step instruction on how to write motion and appellate briefs
- An in-depth instruction on how to write and edit effectively and correctly
- Multiple examples and sample documents—this textbook demystifies legal writing
- Step-by-step instruction on how to write formal memos, e-memos, and opinion letters
- Given the breadth of coverage, the ebook can be easily adapted for two-, three-, or four-semester programs.
- With online Connected Coursebook (not included) access, all students receive additional exercises with sample answers and other helpful resources.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook The Legal Writing Handbook: Analysis, Research and Writing, 8e in the original MOBI format. A converted PDF is also included. No access course or other material comes with the product.