Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 11th Edition, (PDF) continues to leverage its trademark developmental approach as it prepares readers with the most up-to-date research and guidelines for treating children today. The ebook utilizes a highly readable writing style and motivates a whole-body approach — starting with child development and health promotion to better understand the later chapters on particular health problems. This new eleventh edition also includes Next Generation NCLEX®-style case studies and questions, a new chapter including all systems cancers, additional case studies within the nursing care plans, and revised and expanded evidence-based content throughout to best show the latest standards and trends impacting pediatric nursing care today.
- Emergency Treatment sections offer a quick reference in critical situations.
- Critical thinking case studies with answers are available throughout the textbook.
- Draw attention to customs and beliefs of different cultures that influence childcare.
- Nursing alerts include critical information that MUST BE considered in providing care.
- Research Focus boxes highlight current studies that influence pediatric nursing today.
- Drug alerts draw attention to potential safety issues, showing the QSEN safety initiative.
- Atraumatic Care boxes include techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress.
- Nursing tips provide helpful hints and practical, clinical information of a non-emergency nature.
- Emphasis on wellness includes health promotion chapters for each developmental stage of childhood.
- Community Focus boxes offer resources and guidance on caring for children outside the clinical setting.
- Nursing care plans offer a model for planning patient care and include rationales that provide the “why.”
- Nursing care guidelines provide simple, step-by-step instructions for performing specific skills or procedures.
- Quality patient outcomes are highlighted within nursing management discussions for key diseases and disorders.
- The developmental approach clearly recognizes developmental tasks and influences at each stage of a child’s growth.
- A chapter on complementary & alternative therapy encompasses timely topics to aid in providing complete, comprehensive care.
- Family focus includes a separate family chapter and family content and Family-Centered Care boxes integrated throughout the textbook.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes focus consideration on the application of research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care.
- Cultural content and Cultural Considerations boxes are added throughout the text to draw attention to beliefs and customs of different cultures that influence childcare. 978-0323624190
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 11th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.